Here's some of my favorite oddities in Music, Literature, Movies and more for your perusal and edification. Hope you enjoy them! I do.



Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Merrymakers

It's been said by others before me, in a perfect world The Merrymakers would be a household name, and big stars too...alas, "Bubblegun" was their only American release. It's well worth seeking out though...pure Pop Rock heaven, songs that stay in your head forever (in a good way). The Merrymakers are a musical duo composed of Anders Hellgren and David Myhr, from Sweden, where they must put something in the water I guess to have the kind of Pop songwriting that comes outta there. The melodic content is just so strong, and the production is fantastic...I'm still trying to figure out how they've managed to get their choruses to sound so darn big!
Hellgren and Myhr are still working together, writing and producing for others in the studio (most notably for Puffy AmiYumi), and threatening periodically to make another Merrymakers CD. I'm still waiting, guys!

Here's a great song and very silly video from the "Bubblegun" CD:

No comments:

Post a Comment