Here's some of my favorite oddities in Music, Literature, Movies and more for your perusal and edification. Hope you enjoy them! I do.



Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Orange Hat

In keeping with my ongoing love of really strange and wonderful indie musicians and multi-media maniacs I'd like to present The Orange Hat. The two principal guys in this organization, Christo and Zeus, have known each other and played together since high school...and look what it did to them! The Hat has been together in some form or other since 1995 or before (accounts seem to vary), and for a few years produced a crazed TV show for Atlanta Public Access Television called "The Orange Hat Hour" (only real problem there was that it was a half-hour show). I can only describe it as a demented blend of Magical Mystery Tour and The Monkees Show, but in the nicest way. I really love The Orange Hat's music, with its melding of Psychedelia, Power Pop and Indescribable Strangeness. Marvel at their website at:
http://web.me.com/christoharris/Orange_Hat/Welcome.html
...And find their CD "Pufferfish" at:
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/orangehat
...Finally, I've included some of their YouTube documentation of their music and their TV show below. Enjoy!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment