Here's some of my favorite oddities in Music, Literature, Movies and more for your perusal and edification. Hope you enjoy them! I do.



Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Don Ross

As a sometime guitarist myself, I feel I have to periodically post some of the great music being played by some of the really great players of the instrument. One you might not know of is Don Ross. He's one of those musicians who not only have the technique to do things seemingly impossible, but to make his compositions beautiful and lyrical as well. His first album of solo guitar, "Passion Session", is a series of breathtaking, gorgeous tunes that can alternately beguile you with his harmonies and melodies, or (especially for fellow guitarists) blow you away with his effortless mastery of the instrument. But enough of my yakkin'. I'll post up a few vids and let you hear it yourself.





No comments:

Post a Comment