Here's some of my favorite oddities in Music, Literature, Movies and more for your perusal and edification. Hope you enjoy them! I do.



Tuesday, November 23, 2010

English Electric

For me any new album release by Martin Newell is a cause for rejoicing, but his newest (released under his old Cleaners From Venus moniker) is especially so. I'd have to say this is his most amazing offering in years...perhaps even since his classic Greatest Living Englishman. Tracks full of jangly goodness, fantastic melody, extremely dry British humor, and Newell's trademark lyric sense of Autumnal loneliness and longing are all brought to the fore, in a tour-de-force of beautiful music that in a much better world would be lauded by critics shouting his praises from the rooftops.

So you can tell I like this a little, eh? And you may too...it's available for download only right now offa his website at http://www.martinnewell.co.uk/ at only five measly British pounds. The price of a couple of pints in a poncy pub. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment